Terms and Conditions
This competition is designed to drive traffic to the competition entrants, to have fun, and not to actually determine which music video is the best.
1. These general competition terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to any promotion or competition (a "Competition") operated by Offworld Network including competitions advertised on radio or television channels, via theeldertribe.com, or through any other medium including on any social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, etc.
2. These Terms, along with any Supplementary Rules (as defined in section 2 below) shall be legally binding on you when you enter and/or participate in any Competitions.
3. By submitting an entry to any Competition you are agreeing to these Terms and any Supplementary Rules and you warrant that you have legal capacity to enter into and agree to be bound by these Terms and any Supplementary Rules.
4. All Competitions will be supplemented by some additional terms and rules that apply to that specific Competition, which we will also make available on our website or any third party websites that are used to advertise a Competition from time to time such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, or Twitter, etc (the "Supplementary Rules").
5. The Supplementary Rules are hereby incorporated into and form a part of these Terms.
6. The Supplementary Rules shall set out:
a. the opening and closing date for that Competition;
b. details of all prizes for that Competition including whether any additional third party terms apply to those
prizes or not;
c. details of how to enter;
d. details of how the winner will be selected including any relevant judging criteria;
e. any specific eligibility criteria that applies to that Competition;
f. if multiple entries are permitted, and
g. any other additional terms that apply to that Competition.
7. In the event that there is any conflict between these Terms and the Supplementary Rules, then the Supplementary Rules will prevail.
8. Any specific eligibility requirements that apply to a particular Competition will be set out in the Supplementary Rules.
Limitations of Liability
9. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Instagram, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize. Entrants also acknowledge that that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, or Twitter, etc.
10. Entries must be correctly submitted by the given date for the Competition. Offworld Network accepts no responsibility for any entries or information that is incomplete, incorrectly submitted or fail to reach us by the given date for any reason.
Participation in 'on air' Competitions
11. Some competitions may have an 'on air' competent, such as requiring entrants to answer questions either during a live broadcast or as part of a recording to be broadcast at a later date.
12. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions of Offworld Network in relation to your participation in any such on-air Competitions.
13. If you have been selected to participate in a live or recorded broadcast you acknowledge that you will be required to be available to participate at a specified time notified to you in advance. Offworld Network cannot be held responsible for any failure on your part to be available at the specified time for any reason including if due to any failure of your telephone network or communications equipment.
14. In the event that you are not available to take part in such on-air Competitions at the specified time we reserve the right to permit another entrant to participate in the on-air Competition.
15. In the event that you participate in a live or recorded broadcast:
a. you warrant that you will not say anything which is defamatory, illegal, obscene, or offensive or otherwise act in a way that is likely to cause harm to or damage the reputation of Offworld Network during your participation in such on
air Competition; and
b. you acknowledge that to the extent that any performance rights or similar apply to your participation in such
broadcast you hereby waive all such rights to the fullest extent permitted by law and you consent to Offworld Network
making full use of your participation in any such on air Competitions including by broadcasting or otherwise
making the same available to the public without any further payment to you of any kind.
16. Details of prizes for specific Competitions will be announced on air and/or set out in any Supplementary Rules that apply to a particular Competition.
17. Any failure on the part of the winner to meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms or the Supplementary Rules may result in the winner forfeiting their entitlement to a prize and you hereby acknowledge that in such circumstances, Offworld Network shall be entitled to offer the prize to another entrant.
Notification of winners
18. Competition winners will be notified on air for competitions being broadcast and by email (to the email address given by the individual when entering the competition) unless specified otherwise in the supplementary rules.
19. If Offworld Network cannot contact the winner or the winner does not complete any steps that may be required by Offworld Network to accept the prize within a reasonable period of time, Offworld Network reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
20. The names of any Competition winners will be announced on-air, published on theeldertribe.com, and any other website or social media pages where a Competition has been advertised. By submitting an entry to any Competition, you agree to the publication and broadcast of your name in this way.
21. By submitting your entry and agreeing to these Terms you hereby grant Offworld Network a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable worldwide and royalty free license to use your entry, including any intellectual property rights that may subsist in your entry for the purposes of the administration and promotion of the relevant Competition.
22. For the avoidance of doubt you shall retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that may subsist in any Competition entries that you submit to us.
23. You acknowledge and agree that:
a. all material and content included in any entry you submit to any Competition is either owned by you, or you
have the permission of the owner such that our use of your entry in the Competition will not infringe the rights of
any third party; and
b. you agree to indemnify Offworld Network against any third party claims arising from the submission of your entry to any Competition (which means you will be responsible for any losses or damage that Offworld Network suffers as a result of any such third party claims).
25. Offworld Network accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of entering any Competition or accepting any prize which shall be entirely at you own risk, provided that nothing in these Terms shall exclude Offworld Network’s liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by negligence;
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
26. If you breach these Terms or any Supplementary Rules, or if Offworld Network considers in its reasonable discretion that you have acted in a way that may bring Offworld Network into disrepute or is otherwise inappropriate, Offworld Network may disqualify you from any Competition and you will be ineligible to win any prizes awarded in connection with such Competition.
27. Offworld Network may in its absolute discretion cancel or amend any aspect of any Competition without prior notice if it considers it necessary to do so, although Offworld Network will use reasonable endeavors to avoid changing any Competition that has already started in a way that disadvantages any entrants who have already submitted their entries.
28. Offworld Network may change these Terms at any time without notice to you.
29. These Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to them.
30. If Offworld Network decides not to exercise or enforce any right that it has against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent Offworld Network from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
31. If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
32. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.